Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What I Know...

Yesterday, I turned 25. I know a litte...

1. Any man in my life will have to be accepted by the "other" man in my life, my father.
2. Money does not necessarily buy happiness… just less stress.
3. Don't fight below the belt. When you say something really hurtful in a fight, it's never completely forgotten.
4. A man is going to treat you how you allow him to treat you.
5. I really am allergic to fake jewelry (even cute necklaces)… that means I should stop trying to wear it.
6. The best friendships are the ones that you can "pick up like no time has passed".
7. Reading makes you smarter. Being smart is important.
8. I am determined to like sweet tea at some point in my life. I will taste it every year until I do.
9. Eventually we all end up liking the music we remember from our childhood.
10. I now know that my parents are always right… so I just ask them first.
11. Southern women are better. Period. Sorry.
12. No one is really as cool as they try to make themselves look on myspace. (As I prove my point).
13. Sometimes the only response is, "I'm sorry".
14. With every choice, there is always a moment where you have the opportunity to consider the consequences. "I didn't mean to" doesn't work anymore.
15. The mid-twenties metabolism shut down is not a myth.
16. There is no substitute for good old fashioned snail mail.
17. He's an ex for a reason.
18. Marriage is not for everyone… and that's okay.
19. You can't make plans for the future. You miss out on possibilities.
20. My friends are the coolest people in New York.
21. Personally, think of others first. Professionally, cover your ass.
22. I should not be surprised that I am broke. I signed up for financial insecurity when I chose to follow my dream and there is nothing I can do about it.
23. Excuses are only good to the people who use them.
24. Text messaging is not a means of courtship
25. Dogs like bones, men like meat.

No comments: