I miss home. Last night, I actually had a dream that I was in the car on my way to my aunt's beach house in North Carolina (which was a trip my friends and I have discussed, but failed to execute)
I love New York, and I love my friends but I can tell about every 3 months I get this itch to be out of the city… I don't like it when people keep touching me… like that girl who knows that she can't fit in the seat next to you on the subway, so she's practically sitting on you the whole way home... I don't like to be touched by strangers…well not that girl.
I miss…
central air.
real seafood.
women who look like they eat.
driving.
grilling out.
going to Target/the grocery store and getting as much stuff as I really need and not having to worry about whether I can carry it six blocks.
my family.
cheap rent.
cheap drinks.
the daily grind.
tim and dan's.
my parent's garage.
being barefoot.
oyster dressing.
bojangles.
not being accused of trying to be "cute" for my southern accent.
beaches that don't look like dirt surrounding a glorified lake with sticks in the sand.
However; in New York, I love…

the mets…David Wright.
pizza.
my chosen family.
live music.
central park.
boys thinking I'm cute because of my southern accent.
new friends.
artists everywhere.
dance class.
anonymity.
I love New York and I never want to move... but Clay's going to North Carolina...jealous

No comments:
Post a Comment