January 6, 2011
In an effort to honor the good in my life, I've decided that with my blog in 2011, I am going to give a weekly salute to someone special in my life who has been an influence, or simply made it better. And I don't even want anything in return.
And since it's only the first week in January, this gives all of you wonderful friends of mine 52 opportunities to be honored in my blog!...Er, 51 if your name isn't Dan Bass (Sasha Sondheim).
My relationship with Dan begain while I was playing Gwendolen in The Importance of Being Earnest and Dan was Lady Bracknell's (the ah-mazing Charles Nye's) dresser. We hit it off swimmingly and following that fall, we became particularly close while he resided at "The Ice Box", affectionately termed so because it was the coolest (literally and figuratively) place to hang out in the Summer of 2006. He remained my friend that summer even though I stole his role in Footloose which he clearly deserved. That summer we originated the OOC and don't get it twisted - that is when Out of Control BEGAN.
I don't get to talk to Dan as much as I want (because he is busy being adored and cast in shows) but whenever I see him, we can always pick up like no time has past and I trust him with anything. He knows exactly how I like my rides to the airport - WITH BOJANGLE'S - and he always seems to make sure that I catch my flight back to NYC, despite much effort on my part to not be completely packed or sober.
Dan is someone that I can always count on for a great time because he is caring, generous, loving and compassionate. I love going out with him while I'm back home visiting my family... which I cherish, but I can't wait until he is in New York for good!!! Get here!!

For reals - this is 2008
-k

No comments:
Post a Comment