Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Not Gonna Cross The Line

A couple of years ago, I read a book called “The Year of Yes”. The basic premise of the book is that for an entire year, the author would say yes to everyone that asked her out. She dated everyone from plumbers to women. Many of my friends love this book. I was not a fan.

I have already had my year(s) of “yes” and do not intend to have another one. I frequently joke that I will not date anyone born above the Mason Dixon line. This is only a half-hearted joke, as the hopeless romantic in me can't help but believe that love has no rules; however, I do feel that men raised in the south (which is defined by the Mason Dixon line) have better manners and don’t feel quite as entitled as men raised in the north.

At a recent dinner party, my southern rule was discussed and most people were unaware of where exactly the Mason Dixon line fell…


No comments: