I am in DESPERATE need of a vacation. I was just home over the holidays, but it feels like I need to get out of this town and on a beach stat! Thank God, my BFF from college is getting married and I'm going to North Carolina for an entire week!! I will be hitting up two different beaches and visiting my family in one swoop!
Did I mention that I have a dress that I've been DYING to wear and this wedding seems like the perfect occasion. I won't spoil it completely, but this is the bodice.
Please notice the bright orange sale tag on the side... Let's just say I practically STOLE this $500 dress off the rack!!
Of course, it wouldn't be a trip home if I didn't try to fit in as much as I could while I'm there!!
We fly in and drive home to my parents' house and will be there in time to have drinks with my former professor and see my cousin make her mainstage debut at my aluma mater!! It's a very happy accident that we can make it! Hellllo universe?!?!
Then it's off to Bald Head Island (as in you can't even drive cars on this beautiful deserted beach) for the lingerie party and wedding the next day. I am packing my kleenex for this one! My dad refers to my college BFF as "the good daughter".
After the wedding, it's time to relax with no obligations at beach #2, courtesey of my wonderful aunt and uncle! After a couple of days of having no where to be, looking at the water, and soaking in the sun at their beautiful beach house, we will head back to my home town and spend some QT with my family cooking steaks on the grill!
So I have lots of relaxing in my near future and I think it's well deserved. I'm truly going to embrace the moment, take some long walks on the beach and spend at least one morning sipping coffee on the wrap around poarch of my aunt's plantation style beach house and just reflect. Journal. Listen to the silence. Enjoy the salty air on my skin. And maybe even get some color on this pale skin!
Sometimes you just gotta go home! I dare say, North Carolina may be the greatest place on earth. I know the North Carolina beaches DEFINITELY rank among the most beautiful places in America, but one this is for sure - THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!
This season has been truly exhausting. I think the universe is desparately trying to teach me patience... I haven't quite gotten there yet, but for now - VACATION!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment