It's been a bad couple of years for performers. Not gonna lie, this economy sucks and it's forced many performers who normally are working on Broadway to work for less and take regional work that in the past has gone to us ahem, less credited performers.
That being said, I spent the last few weeks contemplating what I really wanted out of my life. I've invested a huge amount of energy (and money and time and heart...etc.) into this deam of mine and I was seriously wondering if all the sacrafice would ever pay off. I mean if you're an architect and no one asks you to design a building for two years, are you still an architect?
Well, the answer is yes, (and thanks to Clay for that answer) because you are educated and capable of designing a building. And though it's been a hard couple of years for me and I'm not working like I want to - that still makes me an actress.
So here's the light bulb that went off for me yesterday...
What am I afraid of? Of failing? Of never working again?
Well if someone quits the business then they are INSURING that they will never work again.... and therefore, that makes them someone who fulfilled their own fears... Masochistic? Maybe.
There is not room for fear in this lifetime. You live ONCE and life is very short. You can't just quit when you're afraid. Don't quit anything you love.
k-dub
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment