Usually, I like to keep my blogs funny and pleasant to read… but lately I've been thinking a lot about love and what exactly it is… and what it isn't...
When I first started thinking about this I was immediately reminded of 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. Now most of you know I'm not here to preach the gospel, but no matter how you slice it – this is what love is kiddies. No matter what your faith (or lack thereof) this is what it is.
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
As I read this… I thought about all the people and "friends" I have shared my life with that don't fit this "definition"… all the people in my life and a part of my past who haven't been kind to me, who have lied to me, who are easily angered and rude, and ABSOLUTELY keep record of the wrong things I've done. No one is perfect, but when a relationship can be defined as being the opposite of almost everything described above… what makes it so desirable?
We are limited to a certain number of days in this life. Those days are made up of a certain number of hours. What is it that makes me waste that valuable time on people who show me that they can't possibly really and truly love and care for my well-being? What is it about me that is incapable of cutting someone out of my life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment